Re: Hotmail security vulnerability

From: Microsoft Product Security Response Team (secureat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 20:14:26 PDT

    Wanted to let you know that Microsoft is investigating this issue, and
    provide our current status.  We have verified that there is a security issue
    associated with the Microsoft Passport sign-out service involving customers
    using Netscape 4.0 and higher when using the optional setting for Advanced
    Security to restrict cookies.  We have verified that this issue does not
    affect customers of the Passport wallet service.

    Microsoft is working diligently to address this issue and provide our
    customers with a solution as soon as possible.  We take security seriously,
    and are committed to ensuring that all our customers have an easy and safe
    online experience.

    Secureat_private