Re: Hotmail security vulnerability (viruses)

From: Xander Teunissen (Thejian) (thejian@net-security.org)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 11:20:33 PDT

    -------Phoenix-Boundary-07081998-

    >While we are discussing Hotmail, has anyone noticed that Hotmail's virus
    >scanner doesn't detect most macro viruses - including any of the Melissa
    >varients=3F

    This article (published on Techweb last friday) notes that problem yes.
    It's not much of a solution (none at all, come to think of it) but it shows
    yet another of the problems this service is dealing with and exposing it's
    users to.

    http://techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19991015S0016

    Xander Teunissen

    E-MAIL              thejian@net-security.org
    HNS                 http://net-security.org
    DEFAULT Newsletter: http://default.net-security.org
    PGP                 http://net-security.org/pgp/thejian

    "I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres
    behind the house. Do not trifle with me."

    echelon: FBI CIA NSA IRS ATF BATF Malcolm X
    Militia Gun Handgun MILGOV Assault Rifle Terrorism Bomb
    Drug Force Constituition Bill Of Rights...etc

    -------Phoenix-Boundary-07081998---