Re: Remote D.o.S Attack in G6 FTP Server v2.0 (beta 4/5)

From: Marc (Marcat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 22:32:51 PST

    I just got done talking to the USSR Labs guys...

    I've talk to them in the past about their advisories to try to help them out
    to make them a little more "clean" etc...

    | > Vendor Status:
    | > Not Contacted

    English is basically not their first language and they ment to say "Not
    Contacted" as in the vendor did not reply to their eMail that they sent
    about the hole.

    but anyways USSR will be contacting each vendor who's software they find a
    hole in and giving them a week to respond to them etc... They were already
    doing this for most of them they gave a few days to wait for a response but
    most vendors didn't respond.

    I'm going to be over viewing most of their advisories to make sure vendors
    are contacted and things get done "correctly, whatever that is."

    Signed,
    Marc
    eEye Digital Security Team
    http://www.eEye.com