Re: Multiples Remotes DoS Attacks in MDaemonServer

From: Nobuo Miwa (n-miwaat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 13:04:08 PST

    Hi,

    > Another issue related to 350 simultaneous MDConfig connections has
    > recently surfaced at ASCII Japan.  MDaemon can be configured to allow
    > secure MDConfig connections which will prevent this problem from ever
    > occurring.  This can be done now, however the 11/30/99 full patch will
    > contain additional coding to prevent such a problem from occuring in
    > the event that the system admin has left the port wide open for anyone
    > to exploit.

    I can't see that patch. And besides,it is NOT affected only on MDConfig
    port. I can see same problem on POP port.
    So, all MDaemon 2.8.5 users should use that patch for preventing
    that too much connect() DoS. Not just MDConfig port.

    Nobuo Miwa

    <Nobuo Miwa> n-miwaat_private  ( @ @ ) http://www.lac.co.jp/security/