Re: Ultimate Bulletin Board v5.3x? Bug

From: Trev (trevat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 16:19:27 PST

    At 11:08 AM 11/30/99 +1100, Sean Malloy wrote:
    >There seems to be a bug with the UBB under NT. I don't believe Unix users of
    >the UBB are faced with the same problem. Ofcourse it could be the version of
    >ActivePerl,

    ActivePerl is wonderfully verbose with it's error reporting, which is
    causing the problem in this case.  If you use the standard perl
    distribution for WindowsNT, you'll only get the simple "Error 500" message
    with the details stored in the local "ScriptLog" file if defined in the
    httpd.conf  (I am presuming Apache here).

    The best workaround would be to deny all web access to your
    /cgi-bin/Members directory.  Since UBB reads these files from the local
    filesystem, the board will operate just fine.

    All that being said, I'd have to agree that using a ".cgi" extension to
    store data is rather silly.

    Trev