Apologies to USSRLABS

From: Arvel Hathcock (Arvelat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 07:21:06 PST

    I wish to apologize publically for my rash statements to USSRLABS
    concerning their recent DoS attack report against our
    MDaemon/WorldClient software.  I assumed that the claim made by
    USSRLABS, namely, that they had contacted our organization early
    concerning the problem, was false.  I was overly confident in the
    system we have in place to deal with these important error reports and
    just assumed that since I didn't get the message, one was never sent.
    I will not make that mistake again.  In fact, the vendor which helps us
    handle our mdaemon.com domain was notified by USSRLABS although
    USSRLABS sent the message to 'salesat_private' rather
    than 'supportat_private'.  I have been told that corrective measures
    are being put in place to insure that even messages sent to an
    incorrect address will be handled properly if they are of an important
    security nature.

    Again, USSRLABS has my humble apologies and also my thanks for finding
    this problem so that we could get it fixed.

    Arvel Hathcock
    Alt-N Technologies - http://www.altn.com
    MDaemon - http://www.mdaemon.com
    RelayFax - http://www.relayfax.com