Re: idlescan (ip.id portscanner)

From: marvinat_private
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 10:38:32 PST

    On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, LiquidK wrote:

    >	I haven't seen any pratical implementation of the scan, so I decided
    >to write one to see how usable the method is in the real world. I reached
    >the conclusion that this method is indeed quite usable (althought a little slow
    >to account for packet propagation time).

    And here's mine. :-)

    This one compiles on my system, yours didn't (yes, it was linux with
    libnet and glibc).

    A few notes:
    0) Default is to send null packets for echo:ing, some firewalls block
       them. Override with -F<flags>.
    1) Lot's of options. All nice.
    2) Use -e instead of -o 256 if silent host is windows.
    3) It's script-puppy safe. Fix the (one-line) "bug" and get a free
       portscanner!

    ftp://ftp.nss.nu/pub/thompa/evil_stuff/ipidscan-0.1beta1.tar.gz
    (requires libnet and libpcap)