Re: new IE5 remote exploit

From: Shane Hird (s.hirdat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 05:28:04 PST

    >IE5 remote exploit # 2 - Jeremy Kothe (<A >HREF="mailto:paceflowat_private">paceflowat_private</A>)

    >Overrun: vnd.ms.radio:\\

    I have been trying to get that overrun to work for some time, however it doesn't seem possible on IE version:

    5.00.2014.0216
    Windows 98

    with all the latest patches installed, so it has probably been fixed in a previous patch, most likely one of the earlier ones, as it wasn't exploitable some months ago either.

    -Shane.