Re: ssh-1.2.27 exploit

From: Iván Arce (core.lists.bugtraq@CORE-SDI.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 17:03:15 PST

    Jarek Kutylowski wrote:

    > I have now worked on the ssh-1.2.27 rsaref buffer overflow and consider
    > ssh now as quite immune. It is of course possible to crash sshd, but
    > a real attack is, in my opinion, impossible.

    [...deletia...]

    We have a working exploit against Linux and OpenBSD, we are waiting for
    CERT to publish their advisory.
    As soon as that happens, or before if its taking too long, we'll publish the
    exploit.
    Since the problem is not being actively exploited (as far as we know), there
    didnt seem to be a reason to post the exploit code with our advisory.

    -ivan

    --
    "Understanding. A cerebral secretion that enables one having it to know
     a house from a horse by the roof on the house,

    ==================[ CORE Seguridad de la Informacion S.A. ]=========
    Iván Arce
    Presidente
    PGP Fingerprint: C7A8 ED85 8D7B 9ADC 6836  B25D 207B E78E 2AD1 F65A
    email   : iarce@core-sdi.com
    http://www.core-sdi.com
    Pte. Juan D. Peron 315 Piso 4 UF 17
    1038 Capital Federal
    Buenos Aires, Argentina.              Tel/Fax : +(54-11) 4331-5402
    Casilla de Correos 877 (1000) Correo Central

    --- For a personal reply use iarce@core-sdi.com