Re: Flaw in 3c59x.c or in Kernel?

From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn (raymondat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 16:16:47 PST

    Hi!

    > Using a home grown client/server app, I have been able to easily crash
    > Linux. The application is a
    > simple udp sender/receiver. The udp receiver runs on a Linux machine with a
    > 3c905b Ethernet
    > card which uses the latest version of the 3c59x.o module (v0.99L), and the
    > kernel is 2.2.12-20. By sending the Linux machine a 100MB file as fast as
    > the sender can send it on a 100Mbps network, the Linux machine responds by
    > freezing up completely with a console message that states:

    I have exactly the same here on 2.2.13 kernels... so it really is a nast
    one... nice one to boot out 100 mbit boxes wich are using this card a lot.
    I'll be testing with 2.2.14 wich is just released but i dont think they
    altered that code there. I am using 3c590 ....

    Sad.

    If its fixed in 2.2.14 i'll do another post .-)

    Bey,
    Raymond.