Re: IIS still revealing paths for web directories

From: Vanja Hrustic (vanjaat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 01:40:58 PST

    Eric.Stevensat_private wrote:

    > it would seem not to work on IIS4, SP6.  I get http 500 - Internal Server
    > Error.

    Right.

    I have just applied SP6a to the IIS 4 server (where I have reproduced
    this first). The problem still exists. Only SP3/SP5/SP6a  (in that
    order) have been applied - no hotfixes at all.

    Probably some of the hotfixes have solved this problem, but that has not
    been included in SP6a. I give up, since I don't know how to disable this
    'feature', and don't have time to play with it either. I'd be happy if
    someone from Microsoft would give us a clue (the problem still exists on
    their site, so...)

    Thanks.

    --

    Vanja Hrustic
    SAFER Editor

    SAFER - free monthly security newsletter