Re: IIS still revealing paths for web directories

From: Kevin Matthew (kevinmat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 10:59:01 PST

    Hello,

    	There's another glitch when you have a password protected
    webdirectory with IIS5 and sendin the http://www.iisServer.blah/blah.ida
    When the root folder on that website is password protected you do not get
    asked to authenticate but you just recieve the error like other
    postings.  Ditto with guessing content of that folder the server would not
    ask for the auth but just report a missing .ida file with full path of the
    local file.

    	IIS should ask for the password before giving out anything else.

    Kevin Matthew <kevinmat_private>
    Windsor Information Network Company Limited (WINCOM)
    4325 County Road 42, Unit 10
    Windsor, Ontario N8A 6J3
    Phone: 519.972.1007  Fax: 519.972.7009