Re: remote root qmail-pop with vpopmail advisory and exploit with

From: iv0 (kboat_private)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 20:35:09 PST

    I recommend upgrading to the latest version of vpopmail which fixes
    the exploit. Pick up the current stable version:

    http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/

    vchkpw - which authenticates a user with information from qmail-pop
    up was storing the information in a staticly defined buffer. There
    was no buffer over run checking done. Current stable version now
    checks for buffer overruns in several places. A security
    audit of the code is being done. Which it sorely needs.

    Ken Jones
    http://www.inter7.com/