Re: "Strip Script Tags" in FW-1 can be circumvented

From: Bjørnar B. Larsen (bblat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 02:10:09 PST

    Arne Vidstrøm wrote:
    > The "Strip Script Tags" in FW-1 can be circumvented by adding
    > an extra <
    > before the <SCRIPT> tag

    (.......)

    > I'm not able to check it on version 4.0 since
    > I don't have access to it.

    I've tried this on FW-1 version 4.0 SP4, on NT4 and it strips the code as
    it's supposed to do. That is,
    <<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    is altered into
    <<SCRIP! LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    which the browsers will disregard. It's a bit silly that the alert("hello
    world") isn't cut away, though, so "< alert("hello world") test" is what
    your page looks like in web-browsers.

    Regards,

    :) Bjørnar