Re: snmp problems still alive...

From: John Comeau (jcomeauat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 15:18:12 PST

    Cisco 1924s for sure have "public" as rw string and "private" for ro,
    and I'm about 80% sure the 2924 does too.

    Many Cisco routers have an snmp "feature" with security ramifications
    which Damir Rajnovic has agreed to post to Bugtraq (as of Jan. 1), but I
    guess Cisco's lawyers have to hash it out for a few more weeks before
    he'll be allowed to. If he doesn't, I will - jc

    --
    John Comeau - Chief Operating Officer
    Dialtone Internet - Extremely Fast Web Systems