Re: DDOS Attack Mitigation

From: Stainforth, Matthew (MatthewSat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 04:34:53 PST

    It might be of some benefit to note that 3Com's newer Total Control router
    cards (HiPerARCs) have this feature built in with the command enabLE ip
    sourCE_ADDRESS_FILTER.  This does, however, break the functionality of
    routing subnets to dial customers.  And it doesn't put significant load on
    the router cards themselves since they've been over-engineered as far as I
    can tell.  So there is at least one vendor stepping in the right direction.

    Matt...