Re: ASP Security Hole (PHP Too)

From: Daniel Austin (danielat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 01:50:51 PST

    I overcame this problem in PHP by just not putting the .inc files in
    available webspace - i put it up 1 directory and in a seperate folder.

    for example...

    In Apache on a FreeBSD machine...

    a user's webspace is /home/user/public_html/
    i would put the include files in /home/user/phpinc/

    simple fix to the problem - the other thing i have as a safe guard is an
    Apache Define that denies access to .inc files.

    Daniel Austin

    System Administrator,
    Primedia Internet Limited.
    http://www.primedia.co.uk/