Re: Wordpad vulnerability, exploitable also in IE for Win9x

From: Scott (romracerat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 11:35:11 PST

    Although I feel he makes it fairly evident I thought I'd make a note for
    all.  This does not work in Windows 2000 using the IE trick.  It doesn't
    prompt to open Wordpad but rather just uses notepad.  I feel this has
    something to do with the fact that the filesize limit inherent in Notepad
    for win9x isn't there in Windows 2000.  Although I could be wrong on this I
    just know it doesn't affect Windows 2000 users.

    Scott Wade
    Systems Administrator