Local / Remote D.o.S Attack in InterAccess TelnetD Server Release

From: Ussr Labs (labsat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 13:37:12 PST

    Local/Remote D.o.S Attack in InterAccess TelnetD Server Release 4.0
    *ALL BUILDS* for Windows95/98/WinNT Vulnerability

    USSR Advisory Code:   USSR-2000034

    Release Date:
    February 24 2000

    Systems Affected:
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for WinNT and others versions.
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for Windows95/98 and others versions.
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 4 for WiNT
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 5 for WiNT
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 6 for WiNT
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 build 7 for WiNT (Release 4.0   Build
    Jan  5 2000)
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for Windows95/98 Build 3
    InterAccess TelnetD Server 4.0 for Windows95/98 Build (Release 4.0
    Build Jan  6 2000)

    THE PROBLEM

    UssrLabs found a Local / Remote DOS Attack, The code that handles the
    Terminal client configurations to the
    Telnet server in the connection procedure, has an unchecked size that
    cause the TelnetD Service Crash.

    Binary or source for this D.O.S:
    http://www.ussrback.com/telnetd/dostelnetd.exe  (binary)
    http://www.ussrback.com/telnetd/dostelnetd.zip  (Source)

    Vendor Status:
    We show to the vendor the d.o.s Problem and the vendor think we
    pinging to the machine, so,
    that is like Vendor not contacted :)

    Vendor   Url: http://www.pragmasys.com/
    Program Url: http://www.pragmasys.com/TelnetD/
    Program Url: http://www.pragmasys.com/Telnet95/

    Credit: USSRLABS

    SOLUTION
    Contact Pragma Systems.

    NOTE:
    We try help pragma people to show their program is vulnerable to
    D.o.S attack, and the only responce of
    pragma was "STOP PING SERVER", so we decide release the advisory.

    Greetings:
    Eeye, Attrition, w00w00, beavuh, Rhino9, ADM, HNN, Technotronic and
    Wiretrip.

    u n d e r g r o u n d  s e c u r i t y  s y s t e m s  r e s e a r c
    http://www.ussrback.com