Re: Local / Remote D.o.S Attack in InterAccess TelnetD Server Rel

From: Licquia, Jeff (JLicquiaat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 15:01:43 PST

    Tested on NTW 4.0 SP4 w/ InterAccess TelnetD 4.0 Build 8 for NT, evaluation
    version.  No effect.

    I will note that Build 8 was released on February 25 (today).  The online
    release notes, as well as the README.TXT in the TelnetD subdirectory,
    contain these lines:

    - FIX: Denial of Service vulnerability issue

    No mention, however, is made of this problem on any other page I could find
    on their Web site: no advisories, recommendations, or whatever.
    Additionally, I could not find any mention of USSR Labs anywhere on their
    site for attribution.  They do apparently allow licensed users of TelnetD
    4.0 to download updated versions (but not versions 3.0 or earlier, as far as
    I can tell).

    Draw your own conclusions.