Re: Zonealarm exports sensitive data

From: Brett Glass (brettat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 17:17:28 PST

    It should be noted that BlackICE Defender, a competitive product,
    does precisely the same thing if one clicks on the "AdvICE" button.
    Since the attack information displayed by the program's graphical
    interface is quite brief (there's more in the log files, but
    only sophisticated users will know how to find and read them),
    users are strongly motivated to click the button.

    I do not know whether the URLs sent by either product are being
    used to gather statistics on the frequency of attacks or as a
    means of piracy detection. They certainly could be, if the vendors
    had a mind to do so.

    --Brett Glass