W2K & ~25000+ temp files = crash + corruption?

From: Clifford Hammerschmidt (cliffat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 10:03:54 PST

    Hi all,

    I'm running Windows 2000 Pro on a FAT32 file system. I've got a program
    that creates a very large number of temp files in a single directory.
    Somewhere between 25000 and 30000 files the system reboots. After the
    reboot I noticed file system corruption. (It toasted my mailbox files. This
    may have been due to having eudora running at the time of the crash.)

    Can anyone else confirm this?