Re: SSH & xauth

From: Robert Watson (robertat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 12:37:42 PST

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Theo de Raadt wrote:

    > > alias ssh="ssh -x"
    >
    > Earlier, bugtraq was told that all ssh versions including openssh
    > automatically tunnel X.
    >
    > This is not correct.  openssh has that turned off by default.

    Theo,

    I suspect that some clarification on your point is required, as it is
    accurate only as of a recent commit to the OpenBSD CVS source repository
    (Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:52:01 -0700 (MST)).  For reference, I have attached
    the cvs repo commit message.  Users of OpenBSD may want to update to the
    latest version of these files to avoid the security risks associated with
    the poor OpenSSH default setting.  Of course, this applies to all other
    consumers of OpenSSH who have not updated their configurations.