Re: [Serv-U] Re: Serv-U FTP-Server v2.4a showing real path

From: Rob Beckers (Rob@CAT-SOFT.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 07:11:13 PST

    --On Tuesday, February 29, 2000 10:31 PM -0500 "x-empt ( lvhc / lou )"
    <lvhc@urban-a.net> wrote:

    > I was not able to reproduce this issue in any form on version 2.4a using
    > the "Show path relative to home directory" option.
    >
    > x-empt
    >
    > Berk Ulsoy wrote:
    >
    >> Actually this is not a bug, but a nasty thing
    >> if you request a wrong dir from Serv-U FTP-Server v2.4a, it will return
    >> the full physical path of the disk.

    I have not tested this on v2.4a (and am not going to), so I can't confirm
    nor deny it. Either way, v2.4a is a *very* old release and should not be
    used any more in a production environment. The current release is v2.5d,
    available from ftp://ftp.cat-soft.com/

    I have tested the above with v2.5d and it will *not* show full paths when
    the "show paths relative to home dir" option is enabled in the 'setup -
    users - misc' menu selection. Anyone with a license for an older version of
    Serv-U can upgrade for free by simply downloading v2.5d and running the
    setup program.

            Rob
            -/-

    --- This message was entirely written using recycled electrons ---
           All about FTP Serv-U v2.5d: http://www.ftpserv-u.com