NT Roaming Profiles blocked by NAV 7.x for Corp. Edition

From: Peter Heath (pheathat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 20:57:04 PST

    Note: Symantec has confirmed (see link below) this to be a problem.

    Well, after 2 1/2 days of banging my head against the wall, I finally
    resolved the Roaming Profile upload problem. I originally narrowed the
    cause down to three programs/patches (see below). I started with the
    easiest & safest method which was uninstalling the client
    version of Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition 7.0 for NT Workstation and
    rebooting the workstation. I then proceeded to log ON/OFF and
    low-and-behold the Roaming Profile was uploaded to the PDC. Tried it
    several times in a row - SUCCESS each time. Went to four (4) other NT
    workstations, uninstalled NAV 7.0 client, rebooted, each user was
    instructed to log ON/OFF - SUCCESS - Roaming Profiles were uploaded to
    the PDC.

    Conclusion: Symantec's NAV Enterprise Solution 4.0 & 4.01 (SSC 4.0 &
    NAV Corp. Ed. 7.0/7.01) are interfering with NT's logoff process and
    prevents, in most cases, the Roaming Profile from being uploaded to
    the PDC.

    Note: Symantec's NAV Enterprise Solution 4.01 was rushed out to their
    Upgrade Insurance Program customers because NAV Enterprise Solution
    4.0 was causing all sorts of problems. Looks like the problems still exist.
    (see link below).

    <http://servicenews.symantec.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?group=symantec.support.n
    etwork.nortonantivirus.corporateversion7&product=nav&mini_version=nav7%2Dce&