mtr-0.42 is out.

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolffat_private)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 01:04:50 PST

    Hi everyone,

    vulnerable to an attack because it didn't fully drop root privileges,
    mtr-0.42 is now out.

    As usual, most of the patch is due to the fact that I upgraded
    auto-something.

    I'm pretty confident that an attack WAS possible. (Although I don't
    know of ANY exploit in curses, gtk or mtr, I'm confident there is one).

    The offending seteuid call has been in the source since version 0.20.
    I seem to remember that the setuid that we use now caused problems
    (i.e. not working or not compiling) on some platforms, however, I have
    no record of any version having setuid, so I must be imagining things.
    The setuid there is obviously correct, and what was intended in the
    first place.

    Plug: mtr is a full-screen combination of ping and traceroute, and
    works much faster than traceroute.

    				Roger.

    --
    ** R.E.Wolffat_private ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2137555 **
    *       Common sense is the collection of                                *