Re: NAI/McAfee Viruscan Engine does not scan .VBS files by default

From: Eric Chien (ecchienat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 01:50:54 PST

    Hello,

    While this is a good timely reminder, this is nothing new and only
    addresses a small point of the overall problem.  One should always scan ALL
    files.  This is more because of Microsoft Word documents (Excel, etc. too)
    which can have ANY extension and automagically spawn Word instead of
    prompting you with a 'open this with?' dialog.  (The technical fine detail
    is this is the case if the extension is not already associated with some
    other program).

    ...Eric