Re: NAI/McAfee Viruscan Engine does not scan .VBS files by default

From: Roy Voortman (rvooat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 00:04:07 PST

    Alex Arndt wrote:

    > Bram Kerkhof wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > Two possible solutions:
    > > - - Add the .VBS extension to the list of program file extensions in the
    > > on-access monitor, and the viruscan program... Keep in mind that
    > > different viruscan programs have their own lists!
    > > - - Select "Scan All Files"
    > </snip>
    >
    > Roy Voortman wrote:
    > <snip>
    > >Another workaround may be to install the "super-dat" file. This updates
    > >the scan engine to 4.0.50 and includes the VBS-files in the program file
    > >extensions. At least my Winnt 4.0 pc with the latest super-dat file
    > >installed showed VBS in the program file extensions.
    > </snip>
    >
    > Having just recently re-installed 4.03 (which came with the 4.0.20 scan
    > engine), I too had to use the latest SuperDAT (4067 at time of install).
    >
    > I double checked my settings after reading the original post and DID NOT
    > find "VBS" in my extension list. The original two fixes are the only ways to
    > 'correct' this problem.

    Eeeh, I have to make my apologise. Alex has right. I made also a
    fresh-install on another computer and had VBS *not* included.
    And a colleage helped me to answer the question why at my pc this
    extension was included: he knew that about half a year ago this problem
    was somewhere mentioned (it was not on bugtraq, but we cannot find the
    message to look when and where it was announced). At that time including
    vbs was one of the solutions, and we followed this suggestion.
    I was a little bit to fast with my email when I saw that I had vbs
    included.

    Sorry,
    Roy Voortman