Re: multiple vulnerabilities in Alcatel Speed Touch DSL modems

From: Joey Hess (joeyat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 19:07:24 PDT

    Here's one way to disable the backdoor: I used the EXPERT login to download
    /active/ip.ini by ftp, removed all the apadd and rdadd lines, turned off
    forwarding for good measure, and re-uploaded it. After resetting the device,
    I can't ping it or connect to it on any port, and yet it still functions as
    a DSL modem. I suppose this closes all the holes except DSLAM access.

    --
    see shy jo