Re: QPC FTPd Directory Traversal and BoF Vulnerabilities

From: Xander Teunissen (thejianat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 10:53:06 PDT

    Hehe lol.

    C> Hi.

    Hi :)

    C> żare you sure that exist a buffer overflow on logon secuence?. I don´t know
    C> if you tested it from a winnt box or from a win2000 box, but if you tested
    C> under winnt, using the "ftp client" of winnt, you are maybe in a mistake

    Yeah we're rather sure :P Thanks for the concern though.

    Application exception occurred:

            App:  (pid=1942)

            Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

    *----> Task List <----*

    1942 Ftpd.exe

    Besides, the ftp.exe coming with Win2k needs to be fed a rather large
    chunk of data, 1995+ bytes I believe? This particular ftpD needs only
    655, as mentioned.

    Thejian

    --
    Best regards,
     Thejian                            mailto:thejianat_private

    "Carpe Jugulum: Go for the throat!"