Re: PIX Firewall 5.1 DoS Vulnerability

From: Snow, Corey (CSNOWat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 08:50:26 PDT

    Following up...

    I sent this message on to the guy where I work who manages our PIX Firewalls
    and he spent some cycles on the horn with the Cisco tech types- the short
    answer is that Cisco told him there were no known DoS attacks against 5.3.1.
    According to Cisco, the 5.2.5 release came out *after* 5.3.1 but was
    designed for people to move out of the 4.x version of the PIX IOS. 5.3.1
    does have a number of known bugs, to be sure, but none that match the
    description above.

    Corey M. Snow- csnowat_private
    Senior Web Developer, Washington Dental Service
    (206) 528-7361, Mobile (360) 481-2563
    FAX: (206) 985-4939
    Web: http://www.deltadentalwa.com