Re: Immunix OS Security update for netscape

From: Atro Tossavainen (atossavaat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 02:40:11 PDT

    Hello Greg,

    >   Precompiled binary packages for Immunix 6.2 are available at:
    >     http://immunix.org/ImmunixOS/6.2/updates/RPMS/netscape-common-4.77-0.6.2_StackGuard.i386.rpm

    and so on.

    Does this mean that Immunix have obtained access to Netscape sources,
    and have compiled it with the StackGuarded compiler for the Immunix OS?

    Previous Netscape packages you have distributed have not carried the
    StackGuard label.

    I diff'ed the Netscape-distributed 4.77 binary against the one in this
    package. They are the same.

    Please clarify. Are Netscape distributing a StackGuarded binary them-
    selves or is this simply a glitch in the labeling?

    --
    Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
    Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,