Re: x86 vulnerability ?

From: Majid Almassari (majid.almassariat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 15:44:01 PDT

    I think they are talking about the USER_LDT vulnerability posted on NetBSD
    site. This what gave it away:
    (1) The USER_LDT is a Kernel Level "syscall" Vulnerability and requires a
    local user account to be executed.
    (2) It only effects I386 systems. Including Solaris as the advisory states.

    Majid Almassari