Re: x86 vulnerability ?

From: Andrew R. Reiter (arrat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 15:03:27 PDT

    Actually, Esa Etelavuori wrote a paper on exploiting kernel buffer
    overflows in FreeBSD... which is similar, I assume, to what they did.  In
    this paper he discusses using kernel bugs for exploitation for breaking
    out of jail(2).  Pretty neat stuff :-)

    Im not sure if the paper is being held somewhere offically, but a copy of
    it was sent to bugtraq the end of december.  You can find it at:

    http://security-archive.merton.ox.ac.uk/bugtraq-200012/0501.html

    Enjoy.

    Andrew