Re: Advisory for perl webserver

From: NESTING, DAVID M (SBCSI) (dn3723at_private)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 10:18:35 PDT

    > Tested to be vulnerable to the hex-encoded dot dot bug are:
    > Perl Web Server v0.3

    Do we really need to be seeing advisories on alpha versions of software that
    is under active development?  This is hardly a production-quality
    application and even their own download statistics show that its
    distribution has been very limited.

    Furthermore, I don't see a bug report entry in their SourceForge project.
    You did report this to them before you sent it to BugTraq, yes?

    David