Re: OpenSSL-0.9.6a has security fixes

From: Steven M. Bellovin (smbat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 10:08:18 PDT

    In message <3AE70975.F9B60B6F@core-sdi.com>, Ariel Waissbein writes:
    >There seems to be an typo in the following post. It is RSA and not DSA.
    >The source, OpenSSL's webpage, has the same typo. Refer to
    >http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/2344
    >(or http://www.core-sdi.com/advisories/ssh1_sessionkey_recovery.htm).
    >
    >Daniel Bleichenbacher's webpage at Bell is
    >http://www.bell-labs.com/user/bleichen/bib.html

    Hmm -- Bleichenbacher has found a flaw in DSA, too; see
    http://www.lucent.com/press/0201/010205.bla.html.  Last time I spoke
    with him, the full technical paper was not yet available; it's supposed to
    be presented next month at EUROCRYPT.

    But I have no idea if OpenSSL has actually fixed that problem...