Re: XML scripting in IE, Outlook Express

From: Rick Updegrove (dislistsat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 20:01:14 PDT

    Ken Pfeil writes:

    > Updating WSH DOES resolve this issue.
    > Patching/upgrading the browser had no effect.

    I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but what is WSH?

    NOTE*  I modified the original .xml and .xls files used in the original post
    and sent them to my brother, and my best friend who are both NT admins with
    large userbases, all using outlook express or outlook.  I warned them ahead
    of time and explained they should first disable scripting and set their
    security levels to high, and I forwarded the original post.  They both
    assured me that was not going to be an issue.  They were flabbergasted when
    they realized that they were both vulnerable.  I have only had one person
    claim he was not (and I really don't believe him because he tends to be
    extremely paranoid and would not admit to anything anyway)

    By the way I did fire up OE myself and I was also vulnerable.

    (Windows2000PRO 5.00.2195 SP1 / IE 5.5.4133.2400)

    Rick Up