security hole in os groupware suite PHProjekt

From: Albrecht Guenther (agat_private)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 03:26:22 PDT

    Hello Bugtraq team,

    this is my first posting to the bugtraq ML.
    If my posting is incomplete or you have further
    questions, please don't hesitate to mail me.
    Daniel Wittenberg kindly notified me about
    the following bug.

    best regards
    Albrecht Guenther

        Overview
    PHProjekt is an open source groupware suite written in PHP4
    with mysql/postgres/oracle support:
    www.PHProjekt.com
    The security hole concernes the file module.

        Details
    By adding the famous ".." string to the url one can have access to other
    directories than the one which is specified in the config.

    The concerned releases are version 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.1 of PHProjekt

        Solution
    A patched version of the file is available under:
    http://www.phprojekt.com/download/patch-2.1.tar.gz
    or download the newest release from the homepage

       Credit

    Daniel Wittenberg from starken.com found this security hole
    and kindly provided me with this informtaion.

    Albrecht Guenther