Re: Administrivia: Move to EZMLM

From: aleph1at_private
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 09:44:50 PDT

    Some follow up comments. All messages to the list now have a List-Id
    header. This is a recently proposed RFC to standardize mailing list
    identification. Please make use of it for filtering messages.

    RFC2919: http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/reference/rfc/authors/rfc2919.txt

    Subject line prefixing with the list name is not a per user option,
    its a list wide option that we won't enable. We are looking at how
    difficult it would to implement as a per-user option.

    Once again, to unsubscribe from lists user the address
    <list>-unsubscribeat_private To subscribe to list digests use
    the address <list>-digest-unsubscribeat_private You need to
    replace <list> with the list name, e.g. bugtraq-unsubscribeat_private
    Do not attempt to email the exact address <list>-unsubscribeat_private

    A few other comments people had is the lack of a Sender header, that
    to To message header is not forced to the list address, and the lack
    of a non-MIME digest. I am looking into all these so no need to mail
    me about them (unless you want to offer a solution ;-) ).

    --
    Elias Levy
    SecurityFocus.com