Re: Personal Web Sharing remote stop

From: Terje Bless (linkat_private)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 11:23:37 PDT

    On 16.05.01 at 10:01, Ron Trenka <ronat_private> wrote:

    >>BTW, if anyone has contacts at Apple _please_ bug them about starting to
    >>take security seriously! It looks like the last update to Mac OS X
    >>(10.0.3) was to close the recent glob hole, but it isn't mentioned in the
    >>release notes. Just some vague "security related fixes".
    >
    >That was part of the update.  The biggest thing was to add the CD burning
    >capability.

    Nope. That was .1 or .2 (I can't be bothered to check right now). .3 added
    /more/ CD-RW support and some vaguely hinted at security fixes involving
    FTP that just _scream_ at me that they've closed the glob hole but aren't
    telling because then they'd have to fess up to having been bitten by it in
    the first place. The worst part is that I fully expect the added CD-TW
    support was the more compelling reason for the upgrade; the FTP fix was
    just piggybacking along. *sigh*

    "This update delivers CD burning support for iTunes, a number of
     improvements for overall application stability and includes the
     latest version of the Internet file transfer service (ftpd)
     which features important security improvements."