RE: Nortan Antivirus 2000 Poproxy.exe problem

From: Tom Laermans (tom.laermansat_private)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 13:14:36 PDT

    Hi,

    At 19:38 24/05/2001, you wrote:
    > >Poproxy.exe is the email virus scanner included in Nortan Antivirus 2000...
    > >While messing around with this i crashed the server by sending it
    > >too many characters (269 or more).

    This, I cannot confirm.

    >Hi! I am having difficulty confirming this for two reasons. Perhaps I am
    >doing something wrong. I am running Norton Antivirus 2000 with poproxy.exe
    >on MS Outlook 2000.

    You're probably running liveupdate because...

    >poproxy.exe SEEMS to only bind to localhost (127.0.0.1) instead of my IP on
    >the network (192.168.0.24). If I try to telnet to port 110 from another
    >Windows machine, it cannot connect. If I try to telnet to 127.0.0.1 from my

    ... this used to be the case that it was bound to all interfaces. It was
    discovered as a bug (after a long time of bickering with Symantec) and they
    fixed it in a patch, which could be applied if you used their LiveUpdate
    feature.

    An unpatched version will have the problem.

    -Tom

    Web: http://www.powersource.cx --- ICQ#: 12120754
    Also check this out:  http://kickme.to/sidewinder
    Need some cheats?? http://www.chaos-cheatbase.com