Webtrends HTTP Server %20 bug

From: Auriemma Luigi (kaino3at_private)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 03:41:51 PDT

    *** I'm sorry if this bug is already known, but I have not found it in the
    SecurityFocus and other archives.

    Author: Auriemma Luigi

    VERSION TESTED: Webtrends HTTP Server V3.1c (Webtrends Reporting Server)

    RISK: Viewing the source of the cgi scripts

    The bug is really simple. If the attacker insert an unicode space (%20)
    after the script file, the server think that the file requested is not a
    cgi script and for this it shown the source; this is an example:

    http://host/remote_login.pl%20

    And the result is the source of "remote_login.pl".

    I have not contacted Webtrends because I wait for more opinions, and for
    result with other versions.

    Thanks for your attention.