Re: lil' exim format bug

From: Robert van der Meulen (rvdmat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 11:42:46 PDT

    Hi,

    Quoting Foldi Tamas (crowat_private):
    > All of the downloadable versions are still buggy, and I can't understand
    > why does it recommend the main-main-developer to paste '%s' into the
    > source code.
    > The following patch should work against this ugly format bug:
    <snip patch>

    The debian packages have been fixed, and an announcement has been sent.

    > At the moment, we know another 'ugly' bug in the exim main code, but
    > because of your tone it's not published. I can't understand, why do you
    > use this tone against people, who audits your shity code, which has some
    > errors in it.
    If you believe in full disclosure, and you were submitting this bug for the
    security community (why else?) - why are you letting the same principles
    down after getting a remark you didn't like ?

    > >> /etc/exim.conf should have an option set:
    > >This is not the default name or location for the exim config file.
    > >> lez:~$ /usr/sbin/exim -bS
    > These values are defaults in most linuxes.
    No. Most linuxes i encountered had this option disabled by default in
    exim.conf.

    Greets,
    	Robert
    --
    			      Linux Generation
       encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdmat_private for my GnuPG/PGP key.