Re: [SNS Advisory No.32] w3m malformed MIME header Buffer Overflow Vulnerability

From: Helmut Springer (deltaat_private-Stuttgart.de)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 03:17:44 PDT

    On Thu 2001-06-21 (12:13), Jim Knoble wrote:
    > Some information in English is available here:
    >
    >   http://mi.med.tohoku.ac.jp/~satodai/w3m-dev-en/200106.month/536.html
    >
    > Can anyone confirm that the patch there is appropriate?

    I asked Fumitoshi UKAI (Debian's w3m maintainer), he pointed me to
    his correction on

    http://mi.med.tohoku.ac.jp/~satodai/w3m-dev-en/200106.month/537.html

    which acording to him also is in w3m 0.2.1-4.deb's source package.

    --
    MfG/best regards, helmut springer           "Freedom's just another word
                                                 for nothing left to lose"