Re: pam session

From: Greg Woods (woodsat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 08:13:49 PDT

    > Does anybody know why openssh (openssh-2.9p1) on a linux system does not call
    > pam_open_session if no pty is used? In this way the session modules (in
    > /etc/pam.d) are not activated.

    There are other problems with the interaction between openssh and PAM as
    well. For instance, if you have users that have a null password, which we
    use when the user's shell is responsible for doing one-time password
    token authentication, you get a core dump. We've had to install passwords
    for these users (by calling a different PAM module that authenticates
    with our timecard database) to get around this.

    sshd is also the only application that has this problem. telnet
    and rlogin do not.

    --Greg