RE: ISAPI and SECUREIIS

From: Marc Maiffret (marcat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 14:57:15 PDT

    When we were researching the .ida exploit we came across this _potential_
    bug and we therefore fixed the problem before the Microsoft security
    advisory was released.

    We also notified all of our customers about the new version of SecureIIS and
    that they _needed_ to upgrade to the latest version (at the time that was
    1.1) because we updated some of our technologies within SecureIIS.

    So in the end people that were using SecureIIS were actually protected from
    the .ida vulnerability days before the vulnerability even was released to
    any public forum etc...

    In the future if you find what you believe to be a bug then I would suggest
    contacting us first so that we can give you the needed information (I.E. 3
    or so new versions of SecureIIS have been released since 1.0.6) and if there
    is a valid problem then we can fix that problem. This however is not an
    issue.

    Thanks!

    Signed,
    Marc Maiffret