MacOS Personal Wed Sharing DoS

From: Jass Seljamaa (jassat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 06:23:21 PDT

    Hello bugtraq readers and Apple Inc.

    The problem this time is that when File Sharing is set to check PWS
    logins, on a about 300char password the system freezes. This problem
    could be bigger, cause Macintosh File sharing passwords cannot be
    longer than 8 chars and many apps support File Sharing to controls
    logins, ie the same users that are set  in FS control panel can access the
    specified service.  I have tested it on a PPC 9500, OS 9.1z1, PWS v. 1.5.5. I
    have not had the tme to test it with any other server apps which have File
    Sharing control-access. If anyone has one nearby and will test it let me
    know.

    Jass Seljamaa

    This mail sent through IMP: email.isp.ee