Broker 5.9.5.0 Directory Traversal

From: ByteRage (byterageat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 09:11:42 PDT

    Broker 5.9.5.0 Directory Traversal
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    AFFECTED SYSTEMS

    Broker 5.9.5.0

    DESCRIPTION

    Broker has the same *.lnk upload vulnerability than
    the one I recently found in WFTPD, with :

    PUT \local.lnk remote.lnk.

    We can create our own link, this way, we can traverse
    the homedirectory. It's even easier than the WFTPD
    bug, because we can point our *.lnk file to a
    directory, then we can just CD to the created link,
    and we're in the directory we're not supposed to be
    in.

    IMPACT
    users with write permissions can traverse directories,
    by uploading a lnk file pointing to the desired file /
    directory

    VENDOR STATUS

    I have sent this advisory to <supportat_private>